2019 Bad Boy Rogue -- location of parking brake interlock switch?

Bigdog1

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2019 Bad Boy Rogue -- location of parking brake interlock switch?
Hi, I've had the mower quit running a few times and usually operating the hand brake a bunch of times gets it going again. Also, there is a red light (labeled MIL) near the brake handle that faintly glows when the mower ignition switch is in the OFF position (I unplugged the light to prevent battery drain). I know there is a brake interlock safety switch somewhere, but I haven't located it yet.

Anyone know where it is located?

The owner's manual does not include a wiring schematic, and the brake interlock switch does not seem to be listed anywhere in the parts diagrams.

Thanks....

TMitch41

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I seem to be having the same issue. Did you ever figure out the problem?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is this mower fuel injected? If so MIL is a malfunction indicator light for the EFI. Most mowers with the MIL you can read the codes by turning the switch on and off three times and leaving it on the last time and it will flash any codes the engine may have set.

BADBOY9192

Forum Newbie
Threads
IF YOU ARE REFERRING TO THE SAFTEY SWITCH, IT IS RIGHT UNDER THE PARKING BRAKE ARM. SHOULD BE GRAY IN COLOR. BUTTON STYLE.

kragoth

Forum Newbie
Threads
I may have the same or similar problem, my rogue mower dies when I hop off for more than 10 seconds, this is a “new to me” mower with just 200hrs. Another strange behavior, after starting, disengaging the parking brake, I have to wait 30 seconds to move the hydros or it dies. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds very much like the parking brake switch or seat switch .
Not sure if you model has a delay circuit on the seat swich so the engine does not cut out when running over rough ground at speed .

Venom

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had what sounds like the same problem. I took out the parking brake interlock switch and temporarily replaced it with a toggle switch. The switch was definitely the problem. I then found the switch on Ebay much cheaper than Bad Boy. Here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/304587808777
Just in case the listing is gone, Here is the Make and model: Omron D2FW-G071M Snap Action Switch 100MA 30V
That switch will become a problem again. They needed a larger microswitch with a stronger metal arm. Once it breaks again I may just add the toggle switch permanently.