2017 3200 with 32hp vanguard clutch/motor issue

Lancewkoss

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower has 183hrs and today while mowing i heard an odd rattle and smell...It seemed to be coming from the pto clutch on the bottom crank of the mower. I shut the mower off for a drink and it will not start now..It slowly tries to turn the engine over...Could the clutch have basically froze.. I'm also concerned that it could be the motor... I've done all the correct oil changes on it.. any suggestions?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
A bearing in the clutch could of seized. May need to remove the deck belt and clutch and then try to turn the engine.

Lancewkoss

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's what I was thinking of doing Just got nervous thinking it may be a motor ...... but as for Murphy's Law, the mower is less than 2 months out of warranty

Lancewkoss

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it is the clutch... Should I just replace it with an oem clutch or any suggestions on an aftermarket clutch?

Lancewkoss

Forum Newbie
Threads
Today i took off the clutch and the mower started right up...problem solved

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it is the clutch... Should I just replace it with an oem clutch or any suggestions on an aftermarket clutch?

Look up the part number of the clutch on your mower and then check out this company.

https://xtremeope.com/ Also certain dealers around the country also have access to their clutches.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd take a look at the clutch, see if there's a manufacturer's number, google it, find the OE part for much less, maybe. Also, just me, I'd take a good look and see if the bearing can be accessed and replaced. Most "stuff" is generally designed to use standardized parts, saves money, and bearings are often in this deal. One thing, you can't hurt that clutch by trying.

But I guess the first thing would be to call the dealer, see what they will do. Pretty new real quality machine, might stand behind it.

Mower King

Threads
That's what I was thinking of doing Just got nervous thinking it may be a motor ...... but as for Murphy's Law, the mower is less than 2 months out of warranty
The Ferris mowers we sell have a 4 yr warranty (to the original owner) so 2017 is in that window.......I would check into that if I were you.