2016 Hustler Raptor left side steering sluggish

wn19perry

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was mowing the lawn today and the cotter pin on the left side arm broke. I replaced the pin and now the left hand drive became sluggish. It wasn’t completely inoperable, but I would give the left side “full throttle”, and had to just barely engage the right side if I wanted to go straight. It seemed like I could turn and go in reverse for short distances without issue, but that could just be me overthinking.

I’m having trouble searching for troubleshooting info online. I’m hoping it’s just low hydraulic fluid on one side, but then again it could be a valve or the pump itself. Has anyone else had similar issues? What do you think I could be?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
check the drive belt

Mr. Mower

Threads
Sub'd

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I was mowing the lawn today and the cotter pin on the left side arm broke. I replaced the pin and now the left hand drive became sluggish. It wasn’t completely inoperable, but I would give the left side “full throttle”, and had to just barely engage the right side if I wanted to go straight. It seemed like I could turn and go in reverse for short distances without issue, but that could just be me overthinking.

I’m having trouble searching for troubleshooting info online. I’m hoping it’s just low hydraulic fluid on one side, but then again it could be a valve or the pump itself. Has anyone else had similar issues? What do you think I could be?
The question is, how does replacing a cotter pin suddenly make a hydraulic transaxle sluggish? That simply does not make sense.