2015 Raptor- more speed on one side than the other

Montyco

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys, new Hustler owner. I bought a 2015 Raptor.
- runs and works but the right wheel has more “go” in it (it’s faster with stick than the other side, both forward and I think backwards). So I’m looking around trying to find out how to get that fixed- hopefully with a minor adjustment. It would be nice to have the sticks even when going straight. Thanks!

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is an adjustment on each side. will be a bolt or a nut. IDK where yours is, but the idea is to slow down the faster side..
Remember a very minor turn makes big diff..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This happens because the right hydro pulley is on the pull side of the engine pulley and the left is on the slack side so when under load the left side slips .
For th same reason the left side usually packs it in first
A slightly shorter drive belt or heavier tension spring can help.
Toro recognised this early on so the right side pully has a 1/4 circumference contact patch with the belt and the left has a 2/3 contact patch.
Not really much you can do with a 2015 unit , in fact better than average chance the left is about to pack it in from under reving .

Montyco

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah that’s what I’m hoping for. But I’m seeing so many adjustments on the sticks and drive linkage. Would it be on the drive itself?

Montyco

Forum Newbie
Threads
This happens because the right hydro pulley is on the pull side of the engine pulley and the left is on the slack side so when under load the left side slips .
For th same reason the left side usually packs it in first
A slightly shorter drive belt or heavier tension spring can help.
Toro recognised this early on so the right side pully has a 1/4 circumference contact patch with the belt and the left has a 2/3 contact patch
Excellent. So is the answer a basic stick adjustment to overcome it?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Excellent. So is the answer a basic stick adjustment to overcome it?
On a used 2015 model I doubt an adjustment will make any difference .
Good chance it has already been done
In any case an 8 yar old mower the pump/motor unit is probably on the way out so will require replacement in the near future .
Leave it as is for now but make a mental note if it gets worse during the season
If it does that confims a dieing drive
The left also gets mode debris on it so runs hotter also reducing it's service life .
Your drive should have external oil filter so change the filter & put in fresh oil
You can get a few extra seasons out of a badly worn drive by using a heavier oil

packy51

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's the procedure I use to adjust the speed difference between right and left side hydros (190 hrs). I use it on what ever side is slower and speed it up. Right now the right side is a little slower on the right side, so I'll adjust that side.

Montyco

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's the procedure I use to adjust the speed difference between right and left side hydros (190 hrs). I use it on what ever side is slower and speed it up. Right now the right side is a little slower on the right side, so I'll adjust that side.

Thanks - that is the best video I have seen on this. Really clear.