2015 Raptor Availble with Flip Up Deck!

LeakyGasket

Threads
Found out today a 54" costs $5295. It's coming in March, and one is mine. It's probably my last mower because, I am, uh, very mature.

No more crawling around on my back. Also, I'm hoping there are no first year growing pains.

LeakyGasket

Threads
Well, dang. Just found out they will not start producing this unit until August instead of Feb. The dealer said they might be able to get one of the demonstrators that they display at the garden shows. I am hesitant to do this since the unit will be almost used. He said the hold up may be due to lack of enough transmissions.

I was wondering if any of you would hesitate to purchase the demonstrator if you really wanted a flip up deck mower?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, dang. Just found out they will not start producing this unit until August instead of Feb. The dealer said they might be able to get one of the demonstrators that they display at the garden shows. I am hesitant to do this since the unit will be almost used. He said the hold up may be due to lack of enough transmissions.

I was wondering if any of you would hesitate to purchase the demonstrator if you really wanted a flip up deck mower?

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the demonstrator, as long as it has the full warranty Hustler would stand behind it. At least you know the demo works or they wouldn't have the thing at the garden shows.

MRCo.

Threads
Some input and thoughts on what's been said here...

Production is now slated for August, reason given being overwhelming pre-orders, as was the issue with the RSD. And as with the RSD a whole new production line is being built for this model. Tranny shortage would delay regular RSDs too, and there's no sign of that.

Country Clipper is the brand that has flip up decks. They are manual and I don't hear much good about them.

I would not expect to see this on commercial models. It's got a specific audience, IMO. Leaky Gasket is one of them. It's for the older fella with a decent sized lawn who takes care of his property and his equipment really well. But maybe they aren't too spry, no offence LG! It's a retired guy mower. Easy to clean, and electric deck lift means no stomping on a pedal.

$5k+... Yeah, price is climbing. But the normal RSD is still very well priced and featured versus the competition...then you added a crap ton of pricey tech. Really, it's a fair enough marker. And for the intended market it's worth it- a hydro lift is fine for younger folks, but not so much retirees who will see the value in saved aches and pains versus dollars.

Note that th castors are 9" instead of the RSDs usual 11". IMO that also makes it a 'smoothe lawn' mower. But that fits the intended audience, so all is good.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Grass Hopper makes a commercial rated front mount mower. I had considered one for my cemetery association in 2012, but bought a Hustler X-ONE 60" rear discharge machine. The Grass Hopper dealer never did show up for the demo, and they were closer to us than the Hustler dealer. But at $13,700 a copy in 2012, probably more now, makes the Hustler front mount very attractive although not a commercial machine.
Our Hustler X-ONE/60" rear discharge deck/Kawasaki FX730V has been a great machine and we have a MoJack Pro lift that works great and it all fits in the shed. We have five acres of unused cemetery area that a local farmer was supposed to mow for hay, he didn't show in 2014 so the Hustler had to mow this area and did it with ease with the grass being 18"-24" high, slow but steady!!!
Mad Mackie in CT with 3' of snow!!!:laughing::biggrin::smile:

MRCo.

Threads
Forgot to mention, for storage you can flp p the deck, pull the hydro releases and push it against a wall.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll have to check them out when they arrive, I could put one and my Scag in my trailer. Interesting!!!
Just watched the video again, I gotta have one!!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Last edited:

LeakyGasket

Threads
Further info: Even the demonstrators aren't available for local shows (KC), or maybe anywhere. Looks like August at the earliest. Question is, can I wait with money burning a hole in my pocket?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The grass will grow lots before August!!! And it they deliver in August, the machines will be rare to not available at best!!
It depends on what machine you already have and how long you can deal with it before August or later!
I wouldn't count on dealers stocking this machine until spring 2016. When a new product is announced, there almost always is a hangup, engine shortage or whatever!!! I still would like to own one however, I may have a birthday or two beforehand!!!:licking:
Just my thoughts!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile: