2013 MT23..Ignition lights

Pochie

Threads
First time this happened since new. Started the other day from winter storage. Gas added and started right up. Let run 10 minutes and shut off. Later when starting noticed no oil pressure red light and overheating red light (2) on and no alarm sound as was usual. Turned on and off 3x and no red lights. Wiggled conduit going into control box and nothing. Runs and cuts like new. Advice welcomed.

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check oil level on dipstick & adjust as necessary. Remove blower housing cover from top of engine & clean cooling fins each cylinder, I use a shop vac & compressed air nozzle.

Pochie

Threads
I checked oil 3 different times after running....FULL at mark. Oil only has 3 hours on after last oil/filer change last November after last mow. Will take blower top off and air pressure. WIll get back.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mave a good look at the wiring for mouse damage.
We see a lot of this at this time when mowers are coming out of storage.
I advise customers to remove the blower housing before storage so the mower is no longer prime real estate.
Some pour camphur oil down the debris screen to discourage them

Pochie

Threads
Mave a good look at the wiring for mouse damage.
We see a lot of this at this time when mowers are coming out of storage.
I advise customers to remove the blower housing before storage so the mower is no longer prime real estate.
Some pour camphur oil down the debris screen to discourage them
Good idea. I haven't taken it off yet. I took the bulbs out and they tested good. Kept trickle charger on. Sometimes when starting to first notch...the one red light would come on and alarm sounds..then the next time..nothing..the mower started up as normal...I took battery out and cleaned completely as I do once a year and put 5 aspirin in each cell and on trickle charger...(this battery is original and now 8 years old)...yesterday nothing...I mowed 2 hours...ran as new...I cannot believe it is the battery so will try to trace wires to control box and look under housing and wiggle wires...thanks for your advice.
PS
I did contact Walker tech and Mike suggested it was burned out bulbs...will have to get back to him.

Pochie

Threads
Have the mower on my lift...looked at every wire and harness I could find...no red lights. Headlights work as always.
Tested swivel grass spreader in dump cart as this is a grass handler system...you turn to first notch on ignition and engage PTO lever and spreader swivels as new...but alarm not sounding. I will get my manual out and see I can find the wiring to the alarm and maybe find something there. I hope to contact walker tech tomorrow.

Born2Mow

Threads
If there are electrical connectors on the devices you are inspecting, then it would be wise to unplug and then re-plug them as you go. Sometimes the brass connectors, which are common to this type machine, corrode during winter storage if there is exposure to humidity or they get washed regularly. The action of disconnecting and reconnecting scrubs this corrosion away and can (may) restore the circuit to normal operation.

If that seems to cure the issue, then you can't stop. You have removed the symptom, but you have not solved the problem. Once connector corrosion starts it will return. You'll need to go back and treat each individual connector with an anti-oxidation compound for electrical connections. There are numerous products offered to do this. I like one called No-Ox-Id by Sanchem available on Amazon. A tablespoon of this stuff will treat 5 mowers.

Hope this helps.

Pochie

Threads
If there are electrical connectors on the devices you are inspecting, then it would be wise to unplug and then re-plug them as you go. Sometimes the brass connectors, which are common to this type machine, corrode during winter storage if there is exposure to humidity or they get washed regularly. The action of disconnecting and reconnecting scrubs this corrosion away and can (may) restore the circuit to normal operation.

If that seems to cure the issue, then you can't stop. You have removed the symptom, but you have not solved the problem. Once connector corrosion starts it will return. You'll need to go back and treat each individual connector with an anti-oxidation compound for electrical connections. There are numerous products offered to do this. I like one called No-Ox-Id by Sanchem available on Amazon. A tablespoon of this stuff will treat 5 mowers.

Hope this helps.
I will do this. I have found a few connectors and will try what you suggest. I hope to look at my manual today. Thanks!

Pochie

Threads
I found 2 what looked like sensor hookups...disconnected...wiped with cloth...now the Oil Pressure Light comes on and alarm sounds! Will keep looking to see if I can locate Overheat Light. Will buy some anti-ox compound. Thanks again!