Tires 2013 LTX 1046 KW. Has anyone tried a little oversize or lug tire on the rear?

Chosen

Threads
  • / 2013 LTX 1046 KW. Has anyone tried a little oversize or lug tire on the rear?
I need more traction on my mower to get up hills. I'd like a lug tire, but I can't find any in less than 10" width. I see a 20x9x8 atv tire (Cheng Shin C865 Tire - Rear - 20x9x8) that might fit and provide the traction, but I was wondering if anyone has had luck with fitting a wider tire and still being able to use the deck at the highest level.

Thanks!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / 2013 LTX 1046 KW. Has anyone tried a little oversize or lug tire on the rear?
I need more traction on my mower to get up hills. I'd like a lug tire, but I can't find any in less than 10" width. I see a 20x9x8 atv tire (Cheng Shin C865 Tire - Rear - 20x9x8) that might fit and provide the traction, but I was wondering if anyone has had luck with fitting a wider tire and still being able to use the deck at the highest level.

Thanks!

Have you looked to see how much air is in the tires? I just got a new ltx a couple weeks ago had 21psi in left rear and 18psi in tight rear.
I never thought to check them till I could not get traction.
Dropped them down to 10psi was like putting on new tires.
Just because its new does not mean it was out together right.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Chosen

Threads
Yes, I did. Thanks for the tip. Mine had 25 all around and the right rear tire was rubbing on the deck. I also dropped mine to 10 and got the deck clearance, but I still need more traction for hills and while turning on slight slopes. I know the tires I want, I'm just not sure they'll clear the deck.

Have you had any leakage from the transmission? I've got a few drops of red fluid under mine...after one use.

Thanks again!

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: Get yourself a tire tape and check the O.D. of the current tires a 10 psi. Then do some research to find the O.D. at 10 psi of the tires you want to purchase. That should tell you if the new tires will clear the deck. On the leak, that LT being a 013 it should still be under warranty, if it where mine it would go back to wherever it was purchased from to be checked.