2013 Dixon Ram Ultra 61" Review

Heus

Threads
I ride mine a mile total to and from my other property once a week. I will have to take that into consideration when performing routine service.

Dixon61

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fella,

Thanks for all the comments on here. I just purchased a 2014 Dixon Ultra 61, I did a lot of investigation between numerous brands and found the Dixon to have the most bang for the buck. I have mowed with it once (only had it 3 days) and absolutely love it. I have almost 2 acres and used to take me over 2 hrs on my Cub Cadet tractor (46" deck). I mowed with the Dixon and it took me less than 1 hour. I mowed it so fast that I found my self depressed that the mowing was all done lol. I cant wait for the grass to grow so I can mow again.

I looked at numerous different models and talked with numerous dealers, everyone of them said if you want a mower that will last get a better transaxle. The Dixon Ultra 61 came with the 3400 transaxle, to get the 3400 in other brands you have to spend more money than I did for the Dixon. The Dixon seems so well built, 2" x 3" frame is awesome, big tires add to the fact that its going to last for along time for me.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fella,

Thanks for all the comments on here. I just purchased a 2014 Dixon Ultra 61, I did a lot of investigation between numerous brands and found the Dixon to have the most bang for the buck. I have mowed with it once (only had it 3 days) and absolutely love it. I have almost 2 acres and used to take me over 2 hrs on my Cub Cadet tractor (46" deck). I mowed with the Dixon and it took me less than 1 hour. I mowed it so fast that I found my self depressed that the mowing was all done lol. I cant wait for the grass to grow so I can mow again.

I looked at numerous different models and talked with numerous dealers, everyone of them said if you want a mower that will last get a better transaxle. The Dixon Ultra 61 came with the 3400 transaxle, to get the 3400 in other brands you have to spend more money than I did for the Dixon. The Dixon seems so well built, 2" x 3" frame is awesome, big tires add to the fact that its going to last for along time for me.

Congratulations you've got a fine piece of lawn equipment there!! Dixon was my "second choice" in the Fall of 2012. They've been making them for years and build a solid ZTR!!

bckskin2

Threads
I have a Dixon Ultra 52 - Zero Turn Mowers 2013 Ultra 52" coming for a test next week. I wanted a DX, but for the difference I think the Ultra will be enough for a home user. This is a new unit and he is giving me a good price. Now if I can mow without hitting things or tipping it over.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Dixon Ultra 52 - Zero Turn Mowers 2013 Ultra 52" coming for a test next week. I wanted a DX, but for the difference I think the Ultra will be enough for a home user. This is a new unit and he is giving me a good price. Now if I can mow without hitting things or tipping it over.

You might want to mention that you are cutting 5 acres....that's not "normal Residential" use and may require consideration of an entry-level Commercial duty ZTR.

Heus

Threads
The Ultra will be more than durable enough to mow 5 acres a week. There's not much difference between the DX and the Ultra anyways.

bckskin2

Threads
I am testing a 52". I would love a 61". My only complaint so far is the lack of a fuel gauge. The ride is a little rough, but that is the short wheel base. I am still debating the DX161. The 52" did a great job mowing my front pasture. Much faster than the garden tractor.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am testing a 52". I would love a 61". My only complaint so far is the lack of a fuel gauge. The ride is a little rough, but that is the short wheel base. I am still debating the DX161. The 52" did a great job mowing my front pasture. Much faster than the garden tractor.

Yep, I almost pulled the trigger on a DX152 myself. The Dixon DX100's are nice machines for the money!!!