2010 28HP won’t charge.

doug9694

Threads
So I have a 2010 Skag Turf Tiger with a 28 or 29HP twin EFI engine. I had the regulator fail once and replaced it. Now my charging system has quit again. I tried a new regulator but no go. So I guess this leaves the stater as the problem? I have not run a diagnostic on it yet but am I missing something. Also I have misplaced my diagnostic directions. Do any of you have an idea what I’m missing?

doug9694

Threads
Could be wiring or the charge coil under the flywheel. Or could be the starter solenoid.

TobyU

Threads
See that why people needs to post the engine info. I have yet the Hp rating fixed in my head when comes to the Kawasaki engine especially. I just done with a FTX00 engine but that one is over 30 hp but it was a DFI and not EFI fuel system.
True but generic is close enough for this one. When he checks for VAC coming from stator he will probably get little to nothing since he already tried a new regulator. If he gets 26 or 25 or 30 or 35...or if his meter isn't very accurate lol, any voltage that high means it's time to do some more digging into problem because it's prob not stator.
But yes, without model numbers, engine model etc, we are all guessing but at least it's educated guess for some of us.