2008 Cub Cadet M60 Tank Mower Hydraulic Problem

surypap3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Forward movement causes chattering (jerky movement) especially under load like climbing a grade. I am assuming the hyro pumps are at end of life. However, I just noticed the movement is smooth in reverse, even when backing up the hill on my driveway (have not really stressed it by backing uphill in the lawn). So while I was ready to replace the pumps, the reverse thing made me wonder if I have mis-identified the source of the problem. The drive belt is new and tight. I just changed the fluid and filter. This gave some relief. Also, I am now clear on the fluid change process. The instructions were not very clear. Thoughts?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
look at M48 Tank Service Manual & see if it helps.

Swederic

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 4wd Stiga Park with exactly the same issue...

surypap3

Forum Newbie
Threads
look at M48 Tank Service Manual & see if it helps.
Thanks, I'll try that. Do you have any thoughts on the chattering. It is so bad now, it loads the engine up just driving without even the deck turned on.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
You said you replaced drive belt, did you remove drive belt idler pulleys & inspect bearings for wear? I’ll bet idler pulley bearings for drive belt are shot & making noise, don’t forget to grease at fittings.

jasonbutler

Forum Newbie
Threads
did you ever happen to figure this issue out? i am working on a m60 with almost exact same issue .... and i am stumped

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you bleed hydraulic system of air per instructions in service manual?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a 4wd Stiga Park with exactly the same issue...

Eric
Welcome

Your articulated Stiga is a very different animal to Surypap3's Cub Zero turn .
So apart from a broken belt or crud stuck in one of the pulley V's there would be very little the two drive will have in common.
Please start a fresh thread in the Transmissions section so the readers can devote their entire attention to your problem.
Most of the people on there are in the USA so the time difference may cause a long delay in response times and of course Stiga's are a very very small part of the USA mower market so probably not many Stiga owners on the forum to start with let alone the Park Articulated model and even fewer with the much more expensive 4WD variant .

As such people will be looking at your symptoms and trying to fit them with know transmission problem, so saying "mine does the same " is of very little help .
So please give the most detailed description of exactly what your Stiga does when you put your foot down on the pedals .
IS yours a hydro model or a manual gear box one like my 2WD one ( that I am yet to fix ) ?
What sort of noises does it make when you let the brake pedal off ?
Can you pull the brake pedal up and if so does the problem go away ?
Does the brake pedal pulsate when you are moving ?
Is it the same in forward as in reverse ?
HAve you just repaired / replaced anything before this happened ?
Was it instant or has it been slowly getting worse ?
Remember we have nothing to go on but the words you type on the page so the more you type the better the chance of the problem being resolved