2006 TT Computer Flash Codes

compusatman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok guys, be easy. I had a stroke in "11 and reading takes a while now. So please bear with me. I have searched to the beginning of this topic and I don't find any relevant posts. So here you go. I have a 2006 Turf Tiger Kawasaki and never an issue. I got out of the business but still have my equipment. So I began to mow last week and it would run for a bit and then die...repeat... The flash codes from the "computer" gives me 112. I am told the code is actually 12 because the initial flash is a confirmation flash that the system is working. This from my dealer. As well, that the 12 code is not pointing to a particuler system...or part. So can someone help...or at least point me in a direction? I haven't changed the oil in a while and was thinking there might be a time reset on this service. Anyway, it runs fine for a short period then dies. After a bit...it will start back up...then same cycle. I'm running the original battery. But it doesn't show a dead cell. But I am old enough to know that simple things are the most common issues. As I say, the battery shows good voltage and takes a charge fine. No evidence of a dead cell. Could a dirty oil filter cause this shutdown? Anyone?

compusatman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry, but I did make one mistake. It is the second battery. The first battery lasted until 2010. The second one died last week (2012). Bought new battery. Discovered the alternator belt was loose. Took an act of the man to figure out how to tighten it. I don't read very well so trial and error works best for me. Anyway, took two shims out and the code light stopped flashing and it works fine now...almost. Always the simple things. Anyway, the original battery most likely went south due to a loose belt way back. New problem is that all is well until I activate the mower blades. Then the voltage/amp meter goes into the negative and stays there as long as the mower is engaged. I'm thinking the belt is stretched past its' service life...even though when the blades are off the boltage meter is normal. It stands to reason that I must replace the belt which will obviously be shorter...evough so that the shims will be needed and the result will be a belt tight enough to make the voltage meter play nice. Thoughts please.