2006 Craftsman String Trimmer Runs Great Without Attachment

Yes I do believe it is a walbro. It has a 2-screw mounting plate for the primer bulb.

I "modified" the adjustment area for the high and low screws by removing the screws with pliers and then cutting off the aluminum that was meant to shield them and force you to use a special screw driver to adjust them. If that makes any sense, perhaps a photo would be worth 1,000 words!
 
Everything is fine with the adjustment. I just cut the aluminum "shroud" off so I have unrestricted access to the adjustment screws.
 
Are there any clues? The exhaust seems to be very oily - of course, that could have been caused by using a fuel mixture that was overly rich was oil.

At the same time, with the foam air cleaner off, you will occasionally see fuel spitting out of the intake. Do these lead to any clues? Piston rings?
 
No reason to post anymore, I got rid of this trimmer yesterday. A guy said that he was willing to take on a decent project and really had a liking for Craftsman yard tools, so why not! The problems are no longer mine.

Perhaps I'll learn my lesson this time and not buy any more used 2 strokes! At least I was still able to use it for half of a season and still made a slight profit on top of the initial purchase price. I'm satisfied that it is GONE! Spring is the best time to get rid of things like these.
 
Back
Top