Export thread

2005 Scag turf tiger blowing fuses

R

robs2346

I have an 05 Scag Turf Tiger w/ a 27hp Kawasaki and it keeps blowing fuses. Whenever I replace the fuse it will charge the battery for a short time and then when the fuse blows the battery no longer charges. I have looked at the wire looms and can find no obvious nicks or cuts in it. It seems as though it will run for a while before the fuse blows. I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. Thanks in advance

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

I have an 05 Scag Turf Tiger w/ a 27hp Kawasaki and it keeps blowing fuses. Whenever I replace the fuse it will charge the battery for a short time and then when the fuse blows the battery no longer charges. I have looked at the wire looms and can find no obvious nicks or cuts in it. It seems as though it will run for a while before the fuse blows. I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. Thanks in advance
A battery with a shorted cell could cause this. Test the battery.

K

KennyV

Along with the battery test... check if you are getting any AC on the charge circuit.... your voltage rectifier could be bad... :smile:KennyV

R

robs2346

Thanks for the suggestions, I did check the battery as was suggested and found it to be good I have replaced the voltage regulator and that seems to have cured the problem. Thanks for the help.