Engine 2005 LT2400-50D Ignition Problem - No Start

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your welcome. There are about a dozen good techs on this forum who are willing to help when individuals are willing to listen to suggestions. We enjoy hearing feedback, because most of us are even learning, as we hear different problems. The day we stop learning is the day we should leave the forum.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks so much Rivets.

I'll post back if there is a problem. I live out in the country and may have to wait until I can make the trip to the next little town over to see the dealer.

This doesn't look like a fuse I have every seen at a parts store.

View attachment 43577

That I think will be a diode and not a fuse.
All the Dixies I have played with used standard blade fuses

Retest it by setting the meter to OHMS then swap the meter terminals.
If it is a diode it should read open circuit one way and closed circuit the other
FWIW diodes tend to be on a green wire and fuses on black ones.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bert is correct, that is a diode. You need to check more to to find the fuse.

larrye44

Threads
Thanks so much to both of you, Bert and Rivets. I did find out it is a diode. I sent a picture of it to my dealer and he cleared it up for me.

I did continue to check and believe it or not it was just a 20 amp mini fuse in the battery circuit to the ignition switch.

The old Dixie Chopper is up and running again and I mowed the lawn this weekend. I could not have done it without you guys.

I have learned a lot and what a great sense of accomplishment to be out in my yard mowing again.

Thanks for helping and being a part of a great forum, Larry

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now that you’ve got it running, when can you come and do my yard? To busy to get to it.