2004 just sold and 2016 just purchased, The Changes.

Spader

Forum Newbie
Threads
I sold my 2004 Cub Cadet which was a fine mower. It was a 46" cut LT 1022 with 22 HP B & S engine.

Here are some of the changes I noted. The price I paid in 2004 was the same as the new 2016, $1699. The first thing I noticed was the spindles where the blades are does not have zert fittings where you can lube them. I kept the old mower pumped full of grease and never lost or wore out that part of the mower. The new mower seems to have a sealed unit in an aluminum housing. I do not like this set up and wish I could lube them. Do any of you know the reason for this? Is this change for the better? My new 46 inch cut has two blades instead of the three on my 2004. I like this change as it will be easier to sharpen.

My old mower had an electronic switch for turning on the PTO. The new mower has a lever and is manual. I'm not sure about this change. We will see.

The new Koller 22 hp v-twin Engine seems well balanced and quiet. I like it.

Are the changes for the better or do you think they were a matter of making the mower cheaper and for more profit.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
The latter, if you have a Cub Cadet dealer nearby take a look at their garden tractors, price without deck $3600-$4600.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I sold my 2004 Cub Cadet which was a fine mower. It was a 46" cut LT 1022 with 22 HP B & S engine. Here are some of the changes I noted. The price I paid in 2004 was the same as the new 2016, $1699. The first thing I noticed was the spindles where the blades are does not have zert fittings where you can lube them. I kept the old mower pumped full of grease and never lost or wore out that part of the mower. The new mower seems to have a sealed unit in an aluminum housing. I do not like this set up and wish I could lube them. Do any of you know the reason for this? Is this change for the better? My new 46 inch cut has two blades instead of the three on my 2004. I like this change as it will be easier to sharpen. My old mower had an electronic switch for turning on the PTO. The new mower has a lever and is manual. I'm not sure about this change. We will see. The new Koller 22 hp v-twin Engine seems well balanced and quiet. I like it. Are the changes for the better or do you think they were a matter of making the mower cheaper and for more profit.
Don't worry about the grease fittings. They both use the same exact bearing that is sealed.
3 blades give a better cut then the 2 blade set up but most will not notice.
The 22 hp is a good engine. I replaced my Kawasaki with them.