2004 Craftsman 21" w/ 6.75 hp Tecumseh

Blaine B.

Threads
I acquired this 2004 Craftsman 21" self propelled mulching lawn mower with 6.75 hp Tecumseh motor a few days ago.

I cleaned it up and cleaned the carb and now wish to sell it. Any idea on what the value would be? It has a height adjustment system that adjusts all four corners simultaneously.

I tested it out by mowing my lawn with it yesterday. It runs well and didn't die on me once. I do prefer the personal pace of my Toro, though. That system moves quicker based on my pace. As it was getting dark, I started to "push" this Craftsman mower, rather than rely on the self propelling system to carry me along.

Mower1.jpgMower2.jpgMower3.jpgMower4.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
$100 to $125 in the spring. This time of year who knows.

Blaine B.

Threads
Not bad, that's pretty decent, considering what I paid for it, and only a bit of my time.

It does drink gas a bit quicker than my 6.5 Tecumseh (I have two of those Toro mowers)

Blaine B.

Threads
Just curious, for those of you in the mower repair business.....what is the most you generally pay for a regular non-commercial mower, such as this one? With the intention of re-selling it and doing minor maintenance besides carb cleaning and blade sharpening.

I am not in the business, but occasionally I will pick up things to re-sell. It's sort of a hobby, I suppose that you could call it that.

Blaine B.

Threads
Wouldn't you know it, 15 minutes before someone was going to come and take a look at it - I noticed that it wouldn't stay running! Culprit? There's a hole in the primer bulb. It would only stay running if I kept my finger smashing down on the primer bulb to seal the hole.

And, of course, all of the local Ace Hardware stores no longer carry this primer bulb in stock. They have to order it. So I bought three on eBay, at $3.43 each. My two Toros will be getting new primer bulbs as well.

Blaine B.

Threads
I got the new primer bulbs yesterday and adjusted the governor system on this Craftsman. It runs better than ever.

Got the new primer bulbs in my other two Toro mowers as well.

The new owner of this Craftsman should be very happy for a long while.