2003 Husqvarna YTH1542XP used value?

Compact7

Threads
Took a gander at a clean and well-cared for YTH1542XP being sold locally. This is a very late model mower to me, compared to the '71 Sears Compact 7 I've been mowing with and abusing the past 12 years. Around 550 hours, most of its service life was by professional pick-up and drop-off and they also performed the change from snow to mow each season. It's had the transaxle replaced in 2015.

They're selling it with a Berco 40" snowblower, fully-enclosed weather cab, rear weights and tire chains, Husky trailer, lawn dethatcher and grass catcher. Quite the group of attachments I don't really need nor have room to store. They're asking $2300 for the package.

I had them put me on the list if they manage to sell the snowblower separately. They agreed the trailer and dethatcher would be easy sales. The weights, chains and cab might prove handy to me if I can adapt my Sears snowblade or score something. Or just to help it navigate our property when hauling firewood. Those would likely go with the snowblower, but you never know!

Just given the machine's age, I'm thinking their package price is on the high side but it's all clean, typical California rust-free and well-cared for. 15hp might be smallish, but the areas we mow are small too. But I'm no expert on prices. I just want to make a fair non-lowball offer if I get a shot at the mower and maybe the weights chain and cab I mentioned above.

Thanks for any thoughts and comments!
-Ed

Attachments

• Hasky1542.jpg
    Hasky1542.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Compact7

Threads
Not even a guess? It's still listed at $2300 for the package.

Cool-Ace

Threads
Not even a guess? It's still listed at $2300 for the package.
Looking at the mower and it's age I would not pay more than a few hundred , maybe 300 . depends on the rest I would not pay more than 1k for the package ! I just bought a 2012 Husqvarna LGT 2654 and new unused snow plow and a small box blade to use for driveway touch ups . wheels weight and chains and sleeve hitch also agri fab leaf vac 8 hp for just over 1200 but hey NC has stuff cheaper than CA ;)
:cool: -Ace

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's absurd for that basic mower even with the attachments that look to me like the mower probably isn't big enough to handle. Buy a pretty nice new mower for that money.

Compact7

Threads
Thanks! As it turned out, at the wife's urging I picked up a JD LX176 in good running condition off craigslist. Not as pretty as the Husky but probably a more capable tractor.

I did some more searching and found a couple completed auctions for this model Husky. One was $275 and the other $550. I was entertaining offering $600-$700 on it, but also figuring they'd want more, considering the high asking price on the package. Craigslist ad says they're downsizing. It'll be a long process at this rate! :)

Appreciate the comments!
-Ed