2002-ish Red Paint ???.

bugdewde

Threads
Any touch up paint codes or colors known for the late 90s early 2000s Murray red riders?
My hood is peeling.....
Screenshot_20200107-143501_Photos.jpg

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

Try a N.A.P.A. auto parts store. They have paint codes for lawn equipment, not sure if they'd have Murray.

Regards

Jeff

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Any touch up paint codes or colors known for the late 90s early 2000s Murray red riders?
My hood is peeling.....
View attachment 50602

Actually, you can probably get a paint shop to do this pretty cheap. I had an automobile painter, who did side work, offer to paint my entire mower for less than $200. That sanded, primed, painted and clear coated.
With the rust that's on there, touch up pain won't last long.

BTW, fingernail polish is great for small jobs.

upupandaway

Threads
In order to get the exact match, you would be better off getting color samples to match before looking for the paint. your red won't match the original color with the years of exposure and all.

PTmowerMech - I had left over silver from repainting my wife's finder so i did mine myself. The original paint wasn't too bad but an excuse for something to do - car paint + clearcoat being an 80's mower and all.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
In order to get the exact match, you would be better off getting color samples to match before looking for the paint. your red won't match the original color with the years of exposure and all.

PTmowerMech - I had left over silver from repainting my wife's finder so i did mine myself. The original paint wasn't too bad but an excuse for something to do - car paint + clearcoat being an 80's mower and all.

Nice. Very good job.

upupandaway

Threads
Thanks PT. Now if i can only find some decals for cheap.....

upupandaway

Threads
for 100ish for the Craftsman decals where part of only 2 stickers actually fit mine is why i didn't buy it. The red stripe and craftsman name is the only decal that fits mine.