2000 Dixie Chopper xw2500 tbox question

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Whatever you do be careful not to damage the shaft or the seal mount area for it will leak if you do.

These plain metal housed seals are a pain to get out at times. Even the so call seal pullers are the local auto parts house failed. They were at warranted so I got my money back for a failed tool. And it failed pulling one those rubber coated seals.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
You would have to try really hard to damage either with this seal. It has a large outside diameter and small shaft hole lots of area to work with. But do be careful. If it is really hard to get out you can use two screws opposite each other.

mikeeee372

Threads
You would have to try really hard to damage either with this seal. It has a large outside diameter and small shaft hole lots of area to work with. But do be careful. If it is really hard to get out you can use two screws opposite each other.

Attachments

• IMG_0337 Small.jpeg
    IMG_0337 Small.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0

mikeeee372

Threads
So I am uncertain how to remove what looks like some sort of snap ring. See picture. Pulley will not budge off of shaft. How can I remove snap ring or whatever is holding the pulley on?
Please help asap. Thanks