19hp B&S CAST IRON FLYWHEEL COMPATIBLE WITH 16 B&S ENGINE

Jerrycassel

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 19hp B&S CAST IRON FLYWHEEL COMPATIBLE WITH 16 B&S ENGINE
I had a 16 and a half horsepower Craftsman that says it's 17 horsepower turbo cooled nevertheless the rear end went out I bought a 19 horsepower Craftsman with a blown engine and I installed the 16 and a half horsepower Craftsman. I didn't have a starter for the 16 and a half horsepower so I used the one that came off of the blown engine, the 19 horse and I noticed that I have the wrong gear for the starter I have a 14 tooth instead of the 17 plastic tooth. what I want to know is if the cast iron flywhee is compatible with the 16 and a half horsepower engine can I just swap flywheels, so that the starter that came off of the 19 horse will will work with my 16 and a half horsepower engine.
a half anyway please let me know. half horsepower engine and so I'll be able to use the starter that I have

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Short answer, NO. Swapping a cast iron flywheel to an engine with an aluminum flywheel will not work. Plus magnets are probably in a different position.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Really depends on the engine numbers and datecodes. Some can but not as Briggs even an improvement change to the flywheels and crankshaft in this ho on the OHV. It also not possible the convert the starter either.

BTW the plastic gear is a 16 tooth gear, not a 17 tooth gear.