1999 721D Fuel Solenoid

SteveGn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased this 721D with 1500 hours. Previous owner said the fuel solenoid was bad. He had the solenoid unplugged at the pigtail so it would not be powered. He had a wire hooked to the linkage rod and he manually pulled it back and wired it to the frame. When he shut it down, he simply released the wire and the fuel would shut off.
If you plug in the solenoid it engages even when the key is OFF. I replaced the solenoid and the ignition switch with no luck. Same issue. The solenoid gets very hot very quickly if you plug in the wiring, even if the key is off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The local dealer had me talk to their small engine "expert" and he said "Hmmm, I don't know. Good luck."

SteveGn

Forum Newbie
Threads
UPDATE!!!!!
Folks I emailed Grasshopper "Ask Technician" from their company website, and a technician/Lifesaver, named Dick called me back in under 10 minutes. He told me not to hook up the wires to the solenoid because I would burn it up. He said to go around to the starter and remove the fusable wire that runs to the solenoid from the starter because someone, when they replaced the starter, put all of the wires to one post on the starter. I looked, and that is exactly what the previous owner had done. I removed that wire and put it on the lower post, by itself, and Taadaaaahhh. Up and running like a champ. Thank you so much Grasshopper and Dick for the help. I called every dealer in the state and no one could help me.