1995 425 John deer won’t start

Tom O'

Threads
Yes , he may have low voltage , and not enough amps to crank over well . Could just put jumper cables on battery , while trying to start it . If low voltage , most times will soon after cranking over , drag the starter . Could have possibly a damaged cell , but again that may be apparent when trying to start . I put my battery on a very low charge/trickle charge , of around 1 amp or even 0.5 amps, with a variable charger . Helps to slowly build up charge in battery .
Thanks for the reply. My low voltage comment was not specific to any mower or vehicle. My comment is related to a recent experience I had with my truck's 12 volt battery it was in its late years but seemed to start the truck like a new battery would. I started getting messages on my dash saying, for one thing, "parking brake malfunction". I saw a YouTube video where a guy had the parking brake malfunction notification. He replaced his battery and the notification stopped. My notification stopped to when I replaced my battery. My notification for my in dash GPS memory stick malfunction stopped also. I checked my old battery's voltage before I replaced it and it checked low. O'Reilly s meter said the battery was bad. The battery seemed to start the truck like it was new - until the winter temperature dropped about 30 degrees. I had to replace the battery and since then all the notifications stopped. A low voltage issue apparently creates electronic issue. Good day,