1978 Lawnboy

svenskar

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an oldie but goodie— a 1978 Lawn boy. My recoil is shot. Anyone know where I guy can get a part?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Before COVID I had great psychic powers, but mine and most others around here lost them due to loss of human interactions with humans. How do you expect to get any help with the limited information you provided. Lawn boy had eight different models in 1978 and used at least three different engines. Is it a vertical pull or horizontal pull recoil? On top of that 75% of the people on this forum probably weren’t born then And only about 10% have ever worked on anything that old. Engine numbers and/or units model and serial numbers would help us help you. As we used to say back then, “The ball is now in your court”.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Before COVID I had great psychic powers, but mine and most others around here lost them due to loss of human interactions with humans. How do you expect to get any help with the limited information you provided. Lawn boy had eight different models in 1978 and used at least three different engines. Is it a vertical pull or horizontal pull recoil? On top of that 75% of the people on this forum probably weren’t born then And only about 10% have ever worked on anything that old. Engine numbers and/or units model and serial numbers would help us help you. As we used to say back then, “The ball is now in your court”.
Need to get a new crystal ball.

Mark H_NO

Threads
You say the recoil is shot. Could you elaborate, or clarify? What parts are broken/not functioning? I've substituted parts for recoil starts pretty easily, but we do need a starting point.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you looked into the prices of a good crystal ball lately? On top of that the quality has gone into the toilet bowl.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you looked into the prices of a good crystal ball lately? On top of that the quality has gone into the toilet bowl.
Back in my service rep days I would tell customers I was psychotic not psychic so I can't read your mind.