18.5 HP Briggs

digr

Threads
Thank's all for all the help it is running mighty fine again!!!! I took it apart again and made sure everything was as it should be and it fired right up.

Freddie21

Threads
I have found cheap Nikki replacements and install them in place of the Walbro. They work much better. May just have to ream the opening in the intake plastic tube cuz the choke may drag. I don't use the Walbro any longer

Joe657

Forum Newbie
Threads
Runs not the best at full throttle but good enough ti get the job done, at idle it seems to run out of gas until the governor kicks in and keeps repeating. Is this carb adjustable?
Sounds like a poorly adjusted, dirty or damaged governor. If you can get direct access to the throttle on the carburetor, try holding it a little bit above idle to prevent the governor from moving it. If it won't hold a steady rpm, the carb could use a good internal cleaning. A good (no disassembly required) carb cleaner/gum remover/stabilizer is and additive called, Startron. It comes in 8 and 16 oz. plastic bottles found in Walmart automotive and other places where engine/automotive additives are sold. 8 oz. is good for 50 gallons, but I would double the concentration initially on a poorly performing engine. It may take many hours to completely clean out the gunk, but you should see positive changes in performance in an hour or less if a dirty, gummed up carb is the issue. Also check to see if the throttle assembly is sticky or slow moving: clean as necessary with carb cleaner/de-greaser.

jviews12

Threads
IMPROVEMENT: add cuttoff valve, and run dry when putting away even for a few days. I assume you have a gas filter also already in-place.