18.5 Briggs & Strattons Won't Start

Ok today I pull off the head, and the exhaust valve had dropped, and it was not seating so if I can not fix it, I just going to have to replace the head.
 

Attachments

  • B&SHead.gif
    B&SHead.gif
    829.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I suspected that is what happened when you said that it turned over faster than it use to. Don't feel bad though, I had one come in the shop friday on a Snapper that did the same thing on on older flat head. Also pulled the engine on a Bushhog ZTR that has 1/4" missing from the edge of one exhaust valve, and the other exhaust valve is burnt. Will be replacing on valve and the other head for reasons not including the valve.
 
Well I just ordered another head, the engine looked very clean, the piston looked like new... so when the head comes in I will be good to go..
 

Attachments

  • Piston.gif
    Piston.gif
    640.4 KB · Views: 9
Update my head came in, and I installed it and the motor is running great, it feels like it has more power and the motor will accelerate faster...THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP..
 
Back
Top