16tons

173abn

Threads
Had 16tons of road rock delivered today.will use it for the floor of my shed I built to house my mower.Will crank up the Yanmar tomorrow and make short work of it with the FEL.should be fun. russ

Attachments

• Big Dog Alpha MP 2.jpg
    Big Dog Alpha MP 2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 9

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
See ... now you have to post a picture of this... :smile:KennyV

Attachments

• IMG_1844.jpg
    IMG_1844.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1845.jpg
    IMG_1845.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1847.jpg
    IMG_1847.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 4

dusty-t

Threads
Kennyv is right we need to see pics of this operation.:biggrin::biggrin: Dusty

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had 16tons of road rock delivered today.will use it for the floor of my shed I built to house my mower.Will crank up the Yanmar tomorrow and make short work of it with the FEL.should be fun. russ

16 tons...I interpret "road rock" as peastone or gravel...a ton will cover 50 square feet 4 inches deep. how much area are you filling? I have been using my JD 4210 to dig out a hard pack clay hill out back, building up the north end of my barn to make an incline to park my tractor inside after I install a door. I love moving fill, much more so than mowing.

173abn

Threads
sorry guys I'm still in the stone age here with dial up,not my choice.have tried to post pics. but no go.when I say road rock its got the limestone powder mixed in.It packs down hard when compressed.I got it done yesterday,used approx 8 tons and spread the rest in my drive.I popped a front tire on my Yanmar .I made the mistake of buying Chinese tires which were a waste of money.I put the old Bridgestones back on and they handeled the FEL with the rock.Moved my grasshopper into it's new home today. life is great. russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Gosh Russ I completely forgot about your dial up ... I do remember those days.

Limestone makes a wonderful base but I try to cover it with a less dusty harder rock... :smile:KennyV

Driller

Threads
You made me think of Tennessee Ernie Ford -- 16 tons -- and all that coal. I can hear him singing now. Good luck on your project; it sounds like a whopper!

Hershey

Threads
Way to go, Kenny! I love that song myself. Unfortunately for me however what I get is another day older and deeper in debt! LOL Wow, like Driller, that song is now running through my head.