15 year old needs some advice

Threads
I’m 15 years old and have been cutting from when I was about 8 years old to 12 years old. Then the lady I cut for moved away and last year I started again but with 2 yards instead of 1. At the end of last year I had 4 yards. Now this year I have 8. I’m starting to take this more seriously and possibly wanting to start my own business soon. some of the yards I use there mower and other yards I bring my own. What would be the best blades to use to make the stripes “pop”?

Just a little info, I cut every week. The cheapest yard is $25 and the most expensive is $50. The $50 is a 1 acre Lot but I use there zero turn. I always cut in opposite directions every week.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It isn't so much as what blade you are using The stripping effect is more a mower design. Some mowers use a series of rollers or rubber flaps. or a brush to comb the grass to make the checkerboard effect. Do a search for mower striper kit, and it will give you a better idea of what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
A lot has to do with the brand of mower, the design of the deck, the blades installed, and how the deck is set up. You can get good stripes without using rollers or flaps attached to the rear of your mower. The trial and error method works well.