14AT809H Troybilt Horse missing out

Old Codger 08

Forum Newbie
MY 2003 14AT809H misses out and back fires when I try to engage the cutting deck or when going uphill. Also, if I disengage the blades and try to reengage at low speed will miss out and try to back fire and die. I have tried to locate a wiring diagram on this mower to no avail. Any ides on what might be causing issue. Thanks!
 
The lawn mower acts the same as it does when you try to engage the blades in reverse but I took the wire off to eliminate that item being related. It seems like it may be something with the safety wiring on the deck engagement, ie a short or something going to ground.
 
No I haven't. Would the carb cause problems when engaging blade? My thoughts were some kind of short.
When the engine is running with no load the engine is running on the idle circuit of the carb. When you engage the blades it opened the butterfly which then allows fuel to be drawn from the high speed jet of the carb. A problem with the high speed side of the carb can cause issues Backfiring and trying to die could be a partially clogged main jet.
 
Back
Top