13AQ609G063

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
By the time it was all said and done, it was a 91/3/4 deck belt.
Had to remove a belt guide (small OD metal rod) the other shop had put that was all in the way. It was L shaped. (not even on the parts diagram) Once I got that off, it freed up about 1/4 belt tension.
Now everything is back on. I mowed about 1/4 acre, engaging and disengaging the belt around each corner. It stayed on. And I didn't smell anything. Soooo, I guessing it's all good.

One thing I didn't like, was the two idler pulleys the other shop put on. They were plastic and didn't have much of a lip on them. I told the customer about it, but he says to just leave'm and he'll get the other shop to put the right ones on it. The OEM ones are metal and have higher lip.
Very possible. Or even the wrong engine pulley is possible with all the DIYers out there. I hate working on equipment that other so-called shops have worked on.

I looked up those flat idlers and the ipl indicates that MTD used metal ones (756-0627D) which Stens 280-135 are the replacements. Besides whenever I can I use metal versions; just don't the plastic ones here.

BTW parts for this area is shown under the "PTO Drive, Battery, Frame Components Parts Diagram" of the IPL. Just to reference for future parts look-ups.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Very possible. Or even the wrong engine pulley is possible with all the DIYers out there. I hate working on equipment that other so-called shops have worked on.

I looked up those flat idlers and the ipl indicates that MTD used metal ones (756-0627D) which Stens 280-135 are the replacements. Besides whenever I can I use metal versions; just don't the plastic ones here.

BTW parts for this area is shown under the "PTO Drive, Battery, Frame Components Parts Diagram" of the IPL. Just to reference for future parts look-ups.

According to the diagram, the engine pulley (a weird shaped one), is the one on this mower.

I gotta get back under there and cut some hand made cable thing that's ties the tensioner to the bracket by the right spindle. I'm going to measure those idlers while i'm down there. Like you, I don't care for plastic pulleys. When they lock up, seems like they'd scratch the belt moreso than metal ones. Plus I think metal ones, when the bearings go out, are loader and easier to hear.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Were you looking for the sticker on the hood that has all the part #'s on it? I have seen those stickers have the wrong part #'s on them before, even on new products. I look them up now, just to make sure, after trying to struggle with a wrong size belt!

LoL, it has not hood. Only the two side engine panels, bolted on with a couple of license plates and held by a bungee strap on top. The routing sticker was on the deck.

Richie F

Threads
Looking at the deck picture the belt for non electric PTO is 754-0497.
The 2 idler pulleys are 3 1/2 " OD.
The electric version uses the same pulley,but only one.
This is for a 42" deck.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looking at the deck picture the belt for non electric PTO is 754-0497.
The 2 idler pulleys are 3 1/2 " OD.
The electric version uses the same pulley,but only one.
This is for a 42" deck.

I almost missed this diagram when I first started researching this mower. The deck belts were not on the mower deck diagram.

Mower King

Threads
LoL, it has not hood. Only the two side engine panels, bolted on with a couple of license plates and held by a bungee strap on top. The routing sticker was on the deck.
My boss, which is the owner of the dealership, is often calling the stuff I work on junk.....I always say, if it wasn't for junk....I wouldn't have a job!

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
My boss, which is the owner of the dealership, is often calling the stuff I work on junk.....I always say, if it wasn't for junk....I wouldn't have a job!

That seems to be all I've gotten in the last two weeks. Broke customers, with junk. I just started another thread on a transmission I just discovered. Gotta change the drive belt on this other one. So I start at the engine pulley, get it loose so I can get the rest off easy, right? That was a bunch of trouble. But I got it. Next, I had to get the steering gear off. Another lot of trouble. But I got it, by god. Next is a flat idler. His was junk. But I didn't have another in stock, I pulled a good used one off one of my parts mowers (in the dirt), repacked it and got it on there. Only to find out that the main shaft coming out of the transmission has like an inch of slop in it.

This darn 30 minute job is fighting me the whole way.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When the new solenoid comes in I will try to remember top get some pickies of the franken mower currently working on.
STX chassis Yardman hood & deck to get them to work together the bypass lever was cut off .