128LD string trimmer won't start

zamboknee

Member
My trimmer all of the sudden sputtered out while I was using it. Couldn't get it to start after that.
It would run with the choke fully open for a bit but wouldn't stay running.
Here's what I've done to try and resolve the situation.
  • Replaced spark plug
  • replaced air filter
  • replaced fuel filter
  • drained gas and replaced with a premixed 50:1 fuel/oil.
The previous gas was kind of green. I put some gas water remover in the old batch but that didn't seem to help. Hence the new gas.

Any idea what's next to look at here?
 
Running some on choke points to fuel delivery problem. Can check with a spray bottle of 2 cycle fuel (don't use starting fluid - no lube). Get it running and keep spraying fuel into carb throat. It you can keep running 15 secs or more, I'd disassemble, clean and replace diapraphms in carb. Or buy a new one.
 
Back
Top