12 Hp B&S model 283707

Hal12

Threads
Put away last fall and it was running ok. Fired it up today for the 1st mow, used it about 45 minutes and it started missing a little, not bad. Its on a
dixon 361 which makes it pretty old. Anyway it finally wouldn't run under load..ran ok with the blade disengaged back to the shop where I tinkered a
little bit with the carb. Still had problem after cutting for a few minutes, so I fired up the snapper.
I'm going to order a new fuel filter and plug. See if that helps. Also set the idle mixture a little bit on the rich side..seemed to help for awhile.
I would appreciate any suggestions. Put a carb kit in it a few years back. Local shop put a new starter on it last year. Would really like to keep it
running, does an excellent job with the cut. Better than the snapper but it needs to have the blades sharpened. Leaves grass standing behind
the front casters. tia

Hal12

Threads
Put in a new plug and fuel filter. New carb. Fired right up but the same deal. Ran well for 1/2 hour and then started losing power under load.
Got tired of guessing. Never got around to checking the gas and tank for contamination. Oh well its in with the mechanic in augusta.