10 hr oil change?

myname79

Threads
i bought a gravely 52 inch commercial last month. so far so good! good machine. cuts well rides smooth, nice seat!lol the only thing that got me was when i engage blades, theres a little rattle i had to get used to.
anyways, when i bought it the mechanic out back says to me "after 10 hours bring it in for an oil change."
so im wondering since i just met these guys, are they looking for unneeded service charges or do i really have to change the oil after 10 hours? i ask because im at 9.5 hrs. and if i do, well ill do it myself. best way to know your equipment? get your hands dirty.. thanks fellow gravelians!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
i bought a gravely 52 inch commercial last month. so far so good! good machine. cuts well rides smooth, nice seat!lol the only thing that got me was when i engage blades, theres a little rattle i had to get used to.
anyways, when i bought it the mechanic out back says to me "after 10 hours bring it in for an oil change."
so im wondering since i just met these guys, are they looking for unneeded service charges or do i really have to change the oil after 10 hours? i ask because im at 9.5 hrs. and if i do, well ill do it myself. best way to know your equipment? get your hands dirty.. thanks fellow gravelians!

I have a 2012 Pro-Turn XDZ 152 that has 16.5 hours on it. The mechanic at my dealer also recommended the first oil change at 10 hours(the Gravely manual and timer says 25 hours and I think the Kawasaki engine manual says 50 hours). To "err on the side of caution" and figuring the mechanic knows what he's talking about, I bought a Kawa filter at the dealer and did my first oil change at 10 hours. BTW, I do think that mechanic was specifically referring to the "first oil change after breakin"....NOT "each oil change going forward". After the first breakin oil change, most owners will recommend a "minimum" oil change every 50 hours(and I think that's what the Kawasaki engine manual says too). But I also think the Kawa manual says "oil filter" changes every 100 hours and I'm not sure I aggree with that(it's worth the $ to change the filter every oil change in my opinion). Hope this helps!!

myname79

Threads
Thank you. yes that was very helpful. funny thing is: i cant change my oil ahahaha i think i found the drain plug but i dont have a manual.( i never keep that kind of stuff) and even if that is the drain plug i cant get to it with my tools! and its right over the belts! i dont know.. i found a picture of a Kawasaki 23 hp, same model number as my monwer but the setup is a little different. guess i gotta take it in after all!
anyway, thanks again!