1/2 moon key

Piddler

Member
I posted before about replacing the axle seals and bushings on my horse tiller. things were going along pretty good until i lost the keys down in the transmission. I guess I did not have the keyways lined up and pushed the key out. Not once but twice!! I have been trying to fish the keys out of the bottom of the case with absolutely no luck. I have used a coat hanger and magnet. I broke the head of the magnet off and now I have to deal with that.

It looks like I am going to have to remove the gears to get in the bottom of the case to recover all of the junk I have in there.

I have a link to the part of the manual that tells how to remove the transmission. Does someone have the link to removing and replacing the gears in the transmission? I would like to have a link to the complete training manual if anyone has it would like to share.

Thanks in advance for any help, Pete
 
TroyBilt has made about 20 different tiller models, which one do you have. A model number would be of great help to your cause.
 
I have the horse model.

I looked in the parts book and figured out how to get the gears out. I found the keys between the clutch and the low speed gear. I have started reassembly.

Thanks for the response, Pete
 
Back
Top