05 Troy-Built Pony Goes foward in reverse

Dnbeast

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I have a troy-built pony mower which I bought brand new in 05. It's been sitting for a few years and got it running again. All was going well but when mowing for a hour I heard a click and then it started going foward in reverse and reverse while in the foward gear. Any clues what the problem could be? Also when I was driving it into my shop it started smoking from the back which I think it was the drive belt. Thank you.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes it is the drive belt
The usual reason for this is the belt jumps off the rear pulley and some on puts it on backwards .
But before we start a guessing game and every one chimes in with their favourite fix for a problem you don't have, we need the full model number from the tag under the seat.
Your mower could have any one of a dozen different drive systems and it helps if we know exactly what you have before we try to diagnose it .

Dnbeast

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes it is the drive belt
The usual reason for this is the belt jumps off the rear pulley and some on puts it on backwards .
But before we start a guessing game and every one chimes in with their favourite fix for a problem you don't have, we need the full model number from the tag under the seat.
Your mower could have any one of a dozen different drive systems and it helps if we know exactly what you have before we try to diagnose it .
Thank you but I found out after some disassembling that the transmission belt just slipped out.