Recent content by tommag

  1. T

    Charging problem

    You guys have been a great help! That 6 pin connector is the main part of the problem. I say "main" because I'm still getting a little voltage but it's only 500mv full throttle, 200mv at idle. Since I don't have any Molex stuff, I by passed it with 14g wire for now. It's charging about 13.8v at...
  2. T

    Charging problem

    Forest#2, I don't have a picture of the regulator, but it does have 3 terminals and the right side one is the dc one. I just looked at the manual for my multi meter and it shows 10a max.
  3. T

    Charging problem

    I downloaded the charging system diagram and am a bit overwhelmed, there's a lot here that doesn't seem to be charging related. Would I be correct to assume that the red wires and their connections are the only ones to be checked (along with the ground side)?
  4. T

    Charging problem

    I checked it again and it is 26-27v. I also checked continuity between the far left terminal of the regulator, the other 2 terminals and the body. It shows no continuity. Between the regulator body and the -terminal of the battery it shows 1.5mv. With the regulator unhooked the stator pins...
  5. T

    Charging problem

    I may have misread the multimeter as I didn't set the range. Quite possibly it was displaying millivolts and I had a brain fart. I'll check it again when it's brought back this evening. One thing I did miss was checking the regulator's ground. (Read about that in a different thread)
  6. T

    Hi from Washington

    I'm on the other side, near Spokane.
  7. T

    Charging problem

    I'm trying to figure a charging problem out. The mower is a Ferris stand on, the only ID I found said part # 5901678, serial #2017771044. It has a Kawasaki fx600v engine. I get good continuity from the regulator to the ignition switch, from there to the fuse, and from the fuse to the battery...
  8. T

    Hi from Washington

    Hi everyone, this looks like a great place. A friend hired me to do maintenance and repair for his small landscaping business. I'm not a gear head and he knows that. So far, I've just been doing oil changes, greasing, and sharpening. I found this place trying to figure out a battery problem on a...
Back
Top