Recent content by Steve23

  1. S

    sc621 Cub with Briggs engine. Stalls out when tilted to left.

    Oh, and I forgot to mention I had to go back to rebuilding my original Briggs carb. to get it to really run great.
  2. S

    sc621 Cub with Briggs engine. Stalls out when tilted to left.

    OK, finally got everything back to normal. It ended up I had 2 issues. An intermittent magneto new from Amazon, and a brake cable which would stretch just enough when tilted to initiate kill switch. This was a strange one, but all is well now.
  3. S

    need an OEM BS-692648 carb

    I ended up rebuilding my original carb with OEM briggs parts. Mower works like a charm now.
  4. S

    Cub Cadet sc621 Briggs engine-New carb but float keeps sticking

    Finally getting back to you. I wanted to make sure mower is going to be ok. I rebuilt the old carb with OEM float needle valve and seat and all my problems seem to be over. It primes good and starts and runs great. I also replaced the intermittent magneto I got off Amazon. So, to sum up; ONLY...
  5. S

    Cub Cadet sc621 Briggs engine-New carb but float keeps sticking

    Ok, I found the seat for the needle valve was disintegrated. I ordered a new needle, seat and float. I'll let you know what happens when I get it running again. On a side note, I have tried 3 different after market carbs on Amazon. Although each one had the primer hole on the right side they...
  6. S

    Cub Cadet sc621 Briggs engine-New carb but float keeps sticking

    Thanks!! That's very good info. For now, I have put in a fuel shut off and I will change the oil. I put on another carb that I know is good while I proceed to see what's going on with this carb.
  7. S

    Cub Cadet sc621 Briggs engine-New carb but float keeps sticking

    OK, I took my old carb. and cleaned it all out and made sure float was moving up and down freely. Now my primer works good, but one more thing. when I leave my mower set overnight it gets flooded by morning. Gas is still running into engine, so I have to remove the spark plug, flush the gas...
  8. S

    Cub Cadet sc621 Briggs engine-New carb but float keeps sticking

    I did want to mention that my primer bulb doesn't seem to be working anymore. When I push it there very little resistance. I took off the housing and held my finger over the primer hole while plunging. There was airtight resistance so I don't think there is a crack in the housing. I also...
  9. S

    Cub Cadet sc621 Briggs engine-New carb but float keeps sticking

    Yes, I have already flushed the tank, replaced fuel line and filter, and even replaced gas with filtered gas. That is my next look to see if there may be a burr or a seat imperfection that may be hanging it up. I hope it doesn't happen again, but I'll let you know if it does and what I find.
  10. S

    Cub Cadet sc621 Briggs engine-New carb but float keeps sticking

    Once I get it running I'm got for the day. If I let it set all night and try to start it I find needle valve has closed. I take carb apart and don't see any dirt or particles anywhere. I re-seat the needle valve and blow it out just in case something is there, but it's just moving freely now...
  11. S

    need an OEM BS-692648 carb

    Ah, I found a carb like the one you have pictured in #1 photo. It should work. The primer hole is on the right side. I have two of the same mod. Cubs and now I'll have both up and running, I hope! Thanks for the help.
  12. S

    sc621 Cub with Briggs engine. Stalls out when tilted to left.

    Good news guys! I just finished mowing, tilting this mower at 45 degree angles and never once has it stalled out. Yes, it all went back to the carb. I opened up the bowl to adjust the float level only to find it had a plastic non adjustable float. Then I started thinking how could a new...
  13. S

    sc621 Cub with Briggs engine. Stalls out when tilted to left.

    I believe I have this thing fixed. I will mow with it tomorrow and give it a good test then tell you all what I found.
  14. S

    need an OEM BS-692648 carb

    Mine is a 1998 sc621E Cub Cadet with a Briggs 12AE969j100 . I'll have to get the carb off again to see where the primer hole is. That's the problem. All the carbs I have tried have the hole on the wrong side.
Back
Top