Recent content by Rivets

  1. R

    Exmark Radius E Wiring Help

    Post the model and serial numbers for your unit so we know what you are working on. We hate making guesses.
  2. R

    governor problems and more

    To my knowledge those are casting lines made when the block was cast. I personally have seen them many times and wouldn’t worry about them. Remember read my signature.
  3. R

    RER mowing deck interchangeability NE FL??

    Now I’m confused, as both those numbers come up as 28” models. One model has both a 28” deck available and a 30” deck available. To me it may be possible. Use these three web sites for see if they can be interchangeable. Very hard for us to give you reliable information, because we don’t have...
  4. R

    Vertex 60" destroys deck belt and tension bracket out of align.

    Has anyone checked to see if the deck is sprung from hitting something. Might have happened when someone hit something and people started throwing parts at it. Doesn’t sound like people are checking for all possible causes, just assuming they know the problem without checking.
  5. R

    Gcv 160 only run on choke

    I’ve seen GCV160 carbs for less than $20. It will depend on the full engine numbers.
  6. R

    Mgt2000h.

    Check battery voltage while turning the key to the start position. If battery voltage drops below 10 VDC the battery is shot and needs replacement. Wouldn’t be the first time the battery reads good, but drops under load.
  7. R

    Gcv 160 only run on choke

    At the price of Honda carbs I wouldn’t waste time trying to clean it. I would just replace the carb.
  8. R

    How to Tell when Deck Spindle is Going Bad?

    If you feel it is rough when spinning by hand, go to dealer now. Be proactive and do not wait. Let them grease it if that’s what it needs. You will also have a record if something happens down the line. That’s why you have a warranty.
  9. R

    Honda HRT216 KS3A Throttle Cable & Lever Housing Mystery (17910-VE2-800 / 17851-VE2-800)

    Did a google search and found this, which is 48” long...
  10. R

    Random dead miss.

    Nothing surprises me any more. That’s why I try not to assume anything and check everything I can think of. Making mistakes has been my #1 learning tool.
  11. R

    Oil measurement question

    Don’t know what manual you have, but page 7 of this manual tells you exactly how to check oil level. https://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=mssAJP-K_ny7tH217FzoPu
  12. R

    Carburetor Issues

    I definitely agree, but first check your oil level and see if it smells like gas gas. If the level is high and it smells like gas you’ve found your problem.
  13. R

    How to Tell when Deck Spindle is Going Bad?

    Definitely would have the dealer check it out ASAP, as if could be a bad bearing.
  14. R

    RER mowing deck interchangeability NE FL??

    Without knowing the model and serial numbers for both units we would have to offer guesses only. Guessing normally ends up costing $$$$, so we request that you provide us with those numbers if you don’t to spend a lot.
  15. R

    Kohler SV-600 Air Gap

    Must’ve had a brain fart when I posted .020”. hlw49 is correct at .008”-.010”. Sorry about that.
Back
Top