I bought this one from our local Snapper dealership. It has a very solid mower deck compared to about anything I've seen, especially on the newer ones. I needed a mower quickly, 10 years ago & bought the best Craftsman push mower our local Sears store had. It's a real rattle-trap & every time I...
I probably bought the model OD21359B, 21" push mower in 1992, the yr it was introduced. Solid little mower deck & the handles are sturdier than most other mowers. Replaced the handles twice. 3.5 HP Briggs engine overheats quickly. Would it be advisable to get a new motor (preferably with more...
Copy. Well, I now know it's gotta be changed & done so more often. I just wanted opinions on adding a cleaner & doing more than one change somewhat back-to-back. The overwhelming opinion says to skip the cleaner & probably do two changes. That's the plan. Was under the impression that if it...
Makes sense, AD. Yes, it sounded a bit "reckless" reading the advice to add ATF. I'm betting a couple of oil changes, somewhat back-to-back, should get the X300 in pretty good shape. That, and doing yearly changes.
170 hrs total on the X300. Bought new in 2006, so it doesn't get a lot of use. Good advice. Never knew "age" affected oil till recently. Live & learn. Will now be doing an oil change every yr regardless of the # of hrs run. Thx for the comeback.
Ok, it's been 5 yrs but only 27 hours of run time since my John Deere X300's Kawasaki engine's last oil change. QS 10W-40. The book says to change yearly regardless of hours run. My bad. Should I do the regular oil change by letting the engine heat up 1st or maybe add some kind of cleaner to the...
I found out the Zerk wasn't bad after I pried it out as it took grease just fine once removed. I've read that JD put Zerks on some spindles just for show & that the spindle bearings are actually sealed requiring no grease even though the owner's manual says to grease every 50 hrs. This machine...
Does anyone know what material the John Deere mulching plug is made of? It is some kind of black plastic. Mine has a hole in it about 5" x 2" that is getting larger. I'd like to patch it. It'll require two 90 degree bends two inches or so apart. I'm thinking some kind of plastic that maybe I...