Recent content by jviews12

  1. J

    Surging that will not go away

    assuming all fuel tank and lines clear and spotless giving good delivery, governor or maybe air leak?
  2. J

    No spark from the plug but strong spark from the coil.

    test the tester on another device. always verify your test instruments. good luck
  3. J

    Lawn mower battery struggles

    bring into warm garage, charge 3 times during winter and before fit=rst use in spring. 5 years for this type of battery is a god send with bad maintenance and freezing in winter.
  4. J

    Would this be worth getting fixed?

    I CHECK the OIL LEVEL BEFORE EVERY START. prevent this thread.
  5. J

    First foray into a battery-operated lawn tractor

    Here in NJ I have seen large electric riding mowers (both kinds) getting sold dirt cheap. People don't like tham, and after 3 years you are into $1-2K for new batteries. They do not sell for a very good reason. That all said, I have a 50x100 postage lot at my house and use an electic push...
  6. J

    oil filter micron rating

    yes, oil freshness is most important. since you use less than 2 quarts per change i believe, change depending on usage. Small single lawns, once a season at end. Pro shop where it is running 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, then monthly at worst, preferable 2-3 weeks usage. oil and change.
  7. J

    Adding a Tach Gauge?

    The above tach is NOT for lawn mowers. It is for igniion cars,I remember these from the 7-'s and 80's.
  8. J

    Safeguard Professional Care Plan

    credit card refuse to pay. period.
  9. J

    Cold weather starter just spins?

    I do NOT use a tender on smaller batteries. I remove, clean posts for next spring, fully charge, tag it with date and charge and keep in warm house. recharge after 2 months. In spring, fully charge, install and go. Most important is full charge when bringing into warm house in fall. PS I...
  10. J

    dieseling engine when shut down

    I agree, fuel valve as close to carb as reasonable. let it run dry. have a cvlean and empty carb which does not plug up.
  11. J

    54 inch riding mower just clicks, won't start

    test test test. I understand frustration, but what you have bought/replaced could have been tested and not replaced. You can bypass some items in the circuit to prove they are/are not the problem. Verify that the "arms" safety switches have not failed. These go bad at times due to harsh use...
  12. J

    Can't Find Tire Leak

    rust on inside of rim where seats. Like all others submergs completely and place a weight on it. bubble will show. If rust, take off, sand clean and try mounting it again.
  13. J

    Honda break in

    I would after 30 minutes or 1 cutting. then at 1 hour for 2 changes. I agree look at oil until silver is gone when draining. I do this when breaking in a new generator. Once done, I put it away full of clean oil, no gas, ready to run 20+ hours when needed. To NOT break in a lawnmower or...
  14. J

    MTD engine with no compression.

    remove plug, does it spin. do valves go up and down when turning over engine?
  15. J

    Can't Find Tire Leak

    innertube??? also clean all rust before inserting.
Back
Top