Recent content by Hammermechanicman

  1. Hammermechanicman

    blade alloys?

    Probably the best lades are made with marbain steel https://www.fisherbarton.com/products/turf/marbain/
  2. Hammermechanicman

    K301

    If this is a flywheel magneto engine and not battery try opening and closing by a couple thousandths each side of .020. Kohlers a picky about timing between the magnets/coil and points. Just a couple thousandths will make a difference.
  3. Hammermechanicman

    Compression Tester

    this one is a little higher than than 7.5:1
  4. Hammermechanicman

    Compression Tester

    This tester works good for small engines
  5. Hammermechanicman

    so much confusion on Kawasaki oil filters.

    In the summer of 1974 i worked at a small airport as a ramp tramp in the maintenance shop. I changed lots of oil in lots of small planes. Most didn't have a filter but rather a fairly coarse screen that might stop fine sand. I asked the head mechanic why no filter. He said dirty oil under...
  6. Hammermechanicman

    Nikki Carb

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/165527851388?_skw=nikki+jet+oring&itmmeta=01KW9JMFSKSW4B3WXFPQBQJ8B4&hash=item268a3a917c:g:oyUAAOSwlLdcyxGB&itmprp=enc%3AAQALAAAA8GfYFPkwiKCW4ZNSs2u11xBrHwJGpnTVGfY2MhFnX2s6zymdkIgZ62bikWSepGSDG3EhO8DxLG9WOsxvAxzYQPsy2jRZ6W1A6LDC1QmIRYgrps9PwJpMb1pNfgS9btzToEzq7l6%2FUBCUj...
  7. Hammermechanicman

    Ferris IS3000Z new coil - no spark - How do I find a dead short

    Just went through something like this on a 731. The original coils on older engines have internal diodes. The aftermarket coils don't have diodes. Not 100% sure but the internet says the new OEM coils don't have diodes. I had a bad coil and couldn't get a new non diode coil to work with the...
  8. Hammermechanicman

    Fuel line

    Many commercial mowers use a tank pickup like this. Most residential mowers just use a pickup tube with no filter.
  9. Hammermechanicman

    Removing the fuel filter

    I have the Lisle ones and if not careful they will pinch the s__t out of you.
  10. Hammermechanicman

    Problem seating tire on rim

    The best thing i have found to cut thhose rock hard tires is an oscillating tool with a hooked carpet blade. I cut the tire rubber off close to the bead then cut the wire bead with a cutoff wheel. But usually i can break stubborn beads with the floor jack and the hitch on my truck.
  11. Hammermechanicman

    Problem seating tire on rim

    I change quite a few tires. I have the HF manual tire changer and the mini tire changer. I have a bunch of tire tools, tire soap, bead sealer, bead blaster, plus other stuff. I don't enjoy changing tires but it's not hard with the right tools and you learn a lot of tricks and tips.
  12. Hammermechanicman

    Blade Bolts

    Call me a radical but i put a little plain old red grease on the threads of all the blade bolts and nuts.
  13. Hammermechanicman

    Blade Bolts

    Yes
  14. Hammermechanicman

    Kawasaki fr691v help

    Run it for 5 mins. Then remove the plugs. Do they look the same? Oily? Black gunk?
  15. Hammermechanicman

    Oil brand and type

    🍿
Back
Top