Recent content by CentralMA

  1. C

    Snowblower traction: Chains, studs, or just leave it alone?

    Hey ChipMows: What's the preference with what's listed in your post? Chains, or studs? Or extra weight? Trying to keep this thread on topic, you know, for a friend.
  2. C

    Snowblower traction: Chains, studs, or just leave it alone?

    Chains it is. Also going to swap the steel skids for poly. Reading throug some other threads it appears that might get rid of the auto turn squirreliness I've been seeing, and lessen the friction of the front end.
  3. C

    Gearbox grease

    Gord Baker? Are we related? Any ties to Maine? Percy, Chauncey?
  4. C

    Gearbox grease

    I've been dealing with this over the past couple of weeks. 20 year old Craftsman 28" blower seized an snapped both auger and drive belts. My initial diagnosis was the auger transmission imploding due to lack of maintenance. I had been trying to get some (recommended) 00 Spindle Grease after...
  5. C

    Snowblower traction: Chains, studs, or just leave it alone?

    Doing some maintenance this week on a couple of snowblowers I've come to a question: This past week I put an Aries Deluxe24 into the mix, my Craftsman 2007 (?) 28" seized up, both belts snapped. Possibly an ice chunk in the impeller. No shear bolts damaged. Had to employ the Ariens. Brand new...
  6. C

    Does snow plow close your driveway?

    Opening up an old thread.... The idea is genius, and it works. Been doing this for years. But this year, 2026, February, finally some big snowfall in Central Massachusetts, the city hired plow guy has been consistently plowing up the street on the left hand side of the road, then doing the...
  7. C

    2003 Toro Super Recycler Mulch Plate?

    Rather than start a new thread, does anyone know of a direct replacement battery (sized to fit the OEM battery box). I'm unsure of what the correct dimensions are, the battery supplied with the used purchase of the machine is also too big for the battery box. Edit: ******* Dimensions of the...
  8. C

    2003 Toro Super Recycler Mulch Plate?

    Hmmm ... I could almost swear that I saw information that refered to one. Thanks again. I'll order one off of EBAY.
  9. C

    2003 Toro Super Recycler Mulch Plate?

    Thanks for the reply. I was able find a source on eBAY for the "plug", but am unable to find a plate to delete the chute entirely. I'll keep looking....
  10. C

    2003 Toro Super Recycler Mulch Plate?

    Greetings, New to the forum here... Just picked up a Toro Super Recycler, 2003 vintage. Looking for some knowledge from the experts here. Model 20039, Serial # 2300048XX. Parts manual states it should have a B&S 122607-0118-E1 GTS 6.75HP OHV engine installed. Chute for the clipping bag in...
Back
Top