Recent content by bslow47

  1. bslow47

    DeWalt DCMWSP256U2 2-20v mower will not turn on

    The problem has been resolved! I bit the bullet and drove the 1+ hour drive to the warranty center. They asked me a few questions about what I tried as far as batteries, switches, etc. The mower looked brand new so they just gave me a new one right there. Just showed them my receipt when I...
  2. bslow47

    DeWalt DCMWSP256U2 2-20v mower will not turn on

    Funny you should mention that. I did spot a black and white mouse in the garage I have not caught yet. I have never seen a black and white wild mouse before. Maybe was a pet store mouse that went rogue. Now I'm getting off topic. I did not see any chewed wires anywhere. There is only one lead...
  3. bslow47

    DeWalt DCMWSP256U2 2-20v mower will not turn on

    Thanks for your reply, Yes, when I pull the safety bar I hear the click. I did wipe the contacts with alcohol and used different batteries. No go. I did check continuity on the key switch and it checked out fine. I am now guessing problem is in the motor end. Any thoughts on that?
  4. bslow47

    DeWalt DCMWSP256U2 2-20v mower will not turn on

    Have the DeWalt DCMWSP256 U2 mower. I used it about 4 times and it worked great. I folded it up and stored it for a month. I unfolded it and set it up and it will not turn on. Batteries are charged and they are seated in place. All the switches appear to be working properly. The key is in place...
  5. bslow47

    Hustler Flip up mower will not flip up

    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know the flip-up has nothing to do with the gas gauge. I noticed that the gauge quit working while working on the flip-up problem, and I thought I would through that out there too. Thank you for the forum post about the gas gauge. If/When I figure out the flip-up...
  6. bslow47

    48" Flip up won't flip up

    Again, thank you for the schematic info. I found the breaker and engraved on the side it reads "short stop". I was optimistic this would be my problem but, I ran continuity across it and it checked out fine. It appears to be a one and done type of breaker. There was no reset on it. Could be a...
  7. bslow47

    48" Flip up won't flip up

    Thank you, This makes good sense. I did not know about that breaker. I checked all that I could see, and all checked out. I'll give this one a whirl and let you know.
  8. bslow47

    48" Flip up won't flip up

    My Flip up will not flip up anymore. I insert the pin in the lower switch on the deck rail, which kills the deck from moving as it should. I pull the lever in the back, which (dis)engages the other switch, and nothing happens. I took that switch out and ran a continuity check, which checked out...
  9. bslow47

    Hustler Flip up mower will not flip up

    Well last night I check to see if mower would flip up with the new battery and no go. So far I know its not the battery, not the switches. I can raise and lower the deck for cut heights just fine. Since I can raise and lower the cut height makes me think it would be the switches. The front...
  10. bslow47

    Hustler Flip up mower will not flip up

    That's a good point! I just replaced my battery and have not tried the flip up yet......I'll let you know how that goes
  11. bslow47

    Hustler Flip up mower will not flip up

    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am out of warranty. "Is deck lock pin in the service ( flip-up ) position?" If you mean...I pull the pin from its "hold" location and insert it in the lower slot with the ball switch. This kills the deck from moving up or down. Which it should. Then I...
  12. bslow47

    Hustler Flip up mower will not flip up

    Hello, I have the 48" Flip up from Hustler. It now has quit flipping up. Both switches appear to be working fine. When I insert the pin it kills the deck from moving up and down as it should. the back lever switch I took out and did a continuity test on it and it appears to be functioning...
Back
Top