Hustler Flip up mower will not flip up

bslow47

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I have the 48" Flip up from Hustler. It now has quit flipping up. Both switches appear to be working fine. When I insert the pin it kills the deck from moving up and down as it should. the back lever switch I took out and did a continuity test on it and it appears to be functioning fine.

Does anyone have an idea I should try next?
Thanks,

Lawn Addict
Threads
Warranty is a great thing.

bslow47

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, I am out of warranty.
"Is deck lock pin in the service ( flip-up ) position?" If you mean...I pull the pin from its "hold" location and insert it in the lower slot with the ball switch. This kills the deck from moving
up or down. Which it should. Then I pull the lever in the back by the engine, which (dis)engages the other switch to allow the deck to flip up. As I mentioned before, I did a continuity
check on the switch to see if it was faulty. It checked out fine.

I was unable to view the documoto link. And unable to sign up for it. did not get that option.

I now discovered that my gas gauge does not work, but the hour meter does. Have not looked into this yet. Don't know if this can be related to the deck not flipping up.

Thanks for any input

Lawn Addict
Threads
How is the condition of the battery, Volts & Amps ?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello,

I have the 48" Flip up from Hustler. It now has quit flipping up. Both switches appear to be working fine. When I insert the pin it kills the deck from moving up and down as it should. the back lever switch I took out and did a continuity test on it and it appears to be functioning fine.

Does anyone have an idea I should try next?
Thanks,

bslow47

Forum Newbie
Threads
How is the condition of the battery, Volts & Amps ?
That's a good point! I just replaced my battery and have not tried the flip up yet......I'll let you know how that goes

Lawn Addict
Threads
ok then.

bslow47

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well last night I check to see if mower would flip up with the new battery and no go.
So far I know its not the battery, not the switches.
I can raise and lower the deck for cut heights just fine. Since I can raise and lower the cut height makes me
think it would be the switches. The front switch kills the deck from going up and down when you insert the pin.
I pull the lever in the back to trigger the rear switch then the flip up should happen. The front switch works as
it should. The rear switch checks out fine when I run continuity through it pressing and releasing the switch.
I would think the switch on the counsel works because I can still lower and raise the deck......

open to more suggestions
thanks for your time

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got '0' sorry..

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look through Hustler mowers above for information, let us know if it helps, thanks, Mark