I loaned my chainsaw to a young bloke and he came back full of apologies about how a limb bounced and broke the rear handle. I've had a search for parts diagrams online without too much luck but it appears that the handle may be integral with the fuel tank assembly. Is the handle available...
Ha! Reminds me of my minibike days from decades ago. Minibike had a 4HP or so B&S engine, and the 'approved' hot-up procedure (I read about it in a magazine) was to tighten up the governor spring a little, drill a smallish hole in the big-end for better splash lubrication, and off-hand grind the...
Don't worry - I remembered and inspected all the cooling fins when the shrouds were off. Pretty hard to ignore your dire warnings on each of your posts! :)
Thunderstorms yesterday, 103 degrees F today, but I still managed to get out and take the covers off the top and carb. The culprit was a mud wasp that had built a nest through the throttle linkages at the carb. Those critters build nests absolutely everywhere on equipment. Part of the mud nest...
Well, checking the linkages and butterfly is easy enough. I had a panic attack it might have been the internal governor gizmos, but I guess with a bit of luck... I'll get onto that tomorrow.
Hi there - I had the misfortune to hit a small unseen stump in the weeds in my Victa (from down under) 19" mower. It's got a B&S 725EX 163cc 104M02-0216-H5 engine DOM 08 22 2018 proudly made in the USA. After the hit, the engine went into overspeed and the throttle control could only shut it...
I've just replaced a car fuel tank that had the pickup tube completely rusted up and covered in blackish mold-like substance. It had been unused and in the shed for about a year or so. The fuel gauge sender looked like something out of a horror movie. I 100% put this down to E10 and the internet...