Ztrak 997 deisel safety interlock

papabbq

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a ztrak 997 that runs but won't move and stops engine. Bypassed seat switch and it moved but when I restarted, with switch bypassed, would not move. Anybody have a safety switch troubleshooting giude? or where all the switches are. Thanks in advance.

Grasmo

Threads
I know this is an old post, but it may be the switch on the parking brake....look at the switch while engaging the parking brake....mine are not adjustable but.....but....you might have the edge of the button worn just enough to not let it contact.

papabbq

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just an update. Replaced all switches and the seat relay. Engine still stops when you disengage brake. Took seat RELAY out and bridged caddy corner--with paper clip. Mower operates as it should with the paper clip. Have checked relay and it is ok. So the problem is somewhere else. Oh, I also spent about $700 and he still did not figure it out. SAD and expensive, especially when a paper clip fixed it temporarily, or maybe forever.....

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
The safety switches on the 997 are usually the culprit, did you find a wiring diagram for it I can't find one anywhere, free that is...!