Export thread

ZTR tires

M

mddickson74

Has anyone upgraded the tires on their ZTR to a more aggressive tread? I know that Kubota does not sale any for them.

The turf tires that came with my Z121S works fairly well on flat dry land. With the hills I have to cut I need a more aqgressive tire.

M

MParr

Yes, you can buy them. Jot down your tire size and do a search. Some people use ATV tires. Some people use Chevron pattern tires. The Chevron pattern tires look similar to agricultural tires seen on the rear of farm tractors.

D

DK35vince

Sure have.
I replaced the crap turf tires on my zero turns with Carlisle AT 101's
The AT 101 are MUCH better on hills.

Attachments

Sure have.
I replaced the crap turf tires on my zero turns with Carlisle AT 101's
The AT 101 are MUCH better on hills.
Sweet looking tires.. (y)

H

hlw49

I see them all the time. Just wonder what they do to the turf. Most people don't know how to make a zero turn anyway. They just stop the inside tire and turn with the outside tire. This just screws the inside tire right into the ground thus tearing up the turf. You have to push the outside lever and pull back on the inside lever. But at the best you can do you will still tear up the turf. A commercial cutter told me the best way was a three point turn. To do this you make a turn and make one going backward and finish your turn going forward. Works pretty good and no bald spots in the yard. Takes a little longer but sure beats the bald spots.

D

DK35vince

They can tear the turf a little if your not careful
But the AT 101's do so much better for traction and on hills its worth in IMO
The stock turfs sucked..

But those tires look wicked !!!

I have Grassmasters on my 48", I like them.

S

SamB

Has anyone upgraded the tires on their ZTR to a more aggressive tread? I know that Kubota does not sale any for them.

The turf tires that came with my Z121S works fairly well on flat dry land. With the hills I have to cut I need a more aqgressive tire.
I wonder about the Michelin tweel Turf tires. Pricey.but never have to be sure to even out the tire pressure or flats. Or dry rot in the sidewalls ,either. Worth it?

I wonder about the Michelin tweel Turf tires. Pricey.but never have to be sure to even out the tire pressure or flats. Or dry rot in the sidewalls ,either. Worth it?
I saw pics of them with breaking spokes, just out of warranty. . That was a big turn off for me.

S

SamB

I saw pics of them with breaking spokes, just out of warranty. . That was a big turn off for me.
Well,thanks! That is enough reason for me,too! I hadn't seen that. I can have a bunch of old school air-up tires for my mowers for the cost of one tweel!

Try a google or Bing search, you might find some other things about those tweels. I'm not pushing against them, just saying what I saw & read.

M

mddickson74

Try a google or Bing search, you might find some other things about those tweels. I'm not pushing against them, just saying what I saw & read.
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

Yes I did the search and found a few tires that were the correct size. The tires I found are for golf carts.

At first I was thinking of getting a tire that is like the ones on my L3200. But after reading all the posts about turf damage, I opted for a tire that is more in the middle of aggression. So far I am very happy at how they handle.