ZTR for Rough Ground?

OrtisEvans

Threads
We mow about 15 acres. Much of that was field not too long ago and so is a bit rough. I look at the relatively small tires on most ZTRs, and I wonder if we would be bounced to death and the machine rattled apart if we tried to use one. We have enough trees and other obstacles that a ZTR could save some time.

Does anyone have experience with this issue? Are there ZTRs that can handle mowing on gound that we currently use a compact tractor (Kubota- 60"deck) and a 1954 Ford NAA with a 72" rear-mount deck.

Ortis

scott47429

Threads
yes my yard is pretty ruff also but i use a Exmark Lazer Z Xp Commercial mower and it handles the bumps really well but it also has a supination seat on it that helps so much but you can also look into the Farris ZTR it has 4 wheel supination and makes it alot easer in the rider and the mower but i would go for the commercial mower rather then the home owner version good luck

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
yes my yard is pretty ruff also but i use a Exmark Lazer Z Xp Commercial mower and it handles the bumps really well but it also has a supination seat on it that helps so much but you can also look into the Farris ZTR it has 4 wheel supination and makes it alot easer in the rider and the mower but i would go for the commercial mower rather then the home owner version good luck

Suspension Lol

Also tire pressure helps ALOT If you run low pressure be sure to level your deck

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ha :) you can turn it off on my phone and computer.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I believe someone has a problem. cry me a river build a bridge and get the f over it :) <3 you

Ariena

Threads
Yeah, I'm over the river.
There's a current thread titled "Rear Discharge" to which you might be able to contribute. It's about mowers.