Export thread

ZT740 .

B

beretta22

Motor is extremely loud on my zero turn. Do they have anything available to quietness it down. It’s on mt ZTX5 Cub.

H

hlw49

Try adjusting the valves.

B

beretta22

Only has 50 hrs. Been that way since new

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

Only has 50 hrs. Been that way since new
Some mufflers seem to do a really poor job of quieting an engine down. I think the design and or quality it poor and leads to a loud exhaust.

I

ILENGINE

Several factors can contribute to engine noise and the muffler is only one aspect. The cooling fan design can increase noise as well as the engine ducting. Then depending on if the internal gears are straight cut or helical can all effect how loud the engine is.

B

beretta22

Wish I could get a quieter one. Thanks.

M

MParr

I’ve heard some people say that the Kohler engines are louder than the Kawasaki. I have no way to verify this. I do know that I can tell the two apart by hearing them mowing.
I have the ZT740 on my Gravely. I don’t worry about the noise because I always wear hearing protection.

B

beretta22

I’ve heard some people say that the Kohler engines are louder than the Kawasaki. I have no way to verify this. I do know that I can tell the two apart by hearing them mowing.
I have the ZT740 on my Gravely. I don’t worry about the noise because I always wear hearing protection.
Sounds right. I went from a FS730 Kaw. To a ZT740 on my ZTX5. I wear Muffs but this engine is definitely louder.

V

VegetiveSteam

Motor is extremely loud on my zero turn. Do they have anything available to quietness it down. It’s on mt ZTX5 Cub.
Are you talking about loud like it needs a better muffler or loud as in internal engine noise?

B

beretta22

Like it needs a quieter muffler. Runs great.

V

VegetiveSteam

Like it needs a quieter muffler. Runs great.
You might see if anyone in the Cub Cadet section has any info on a better muffler. Kohler supplies that engine to Cub with no muffler and then Cub adds their own muffler when the equipment is assembled.

B

beretta22

I posted there too.