Export thread

ZT HD 52 Deck Rattle is Back

G

gravelyzthd52

My ZT HD 52 that the dealer put a new deck shell on last year to solve the deck rattle is now rattling again. It was fine for a while so I’m disappointed that it’s back. This morning I tested a John Deere Z735m and it was perfect. No rattling, no vibrations, just the sweet sound of blades cutting grass. The problem is that I still owe money on the HD 52 so I need to either get this fixed or get rid of it. I was checking it out today found that the left side spindle nut has been contacting the bottom of the metal cover. I tried running it without the covers on and it still made the same sounds. The tiny washers they put on the bolts didn’t provide enough clearance so I added a rubber washer to each one to prevent contact.

Here we go with round two of trying to get this fixed or get them to replace it. Wish me luck.

Attachments

cpurvis

cpurvis

Keep us posted. My friend's ZT HD 52 has been in the shop since November with the same problem. They gave him a loaner but it's a 61" with a Gravely engine. I think they offered to trade him even-up but he wants a Kawasaki engine.

G

gravelyzthd52

Check out this video. Asked my dealer about it and he’s looking into it.

https://youtu.be/xf0lDSKFTgM