Export thread

ZT-2100 or ZT-2200 EXT ?

Kevin Toadman

Kevin Toadman

Hey again, I would like to know how to tell the difference between these two trans. On the manual it shows the 2100 to have the fan under the pulley and the 2200 to have the fan above the pulley. But upon further internet searches some trans pics show the fan under the pulley on the 2200 also. I just want to know for sure which one I have. The number on the trans is ZC-AMBB-4DDB-3RPX, searching the model number doesn't show which one it is. Any ideas? Thanks ...

I

ILENGINE

Hydro gear puts it under the 2200 series parts heading.

Kevin Toadman

Kevin Toadman

Hydro gear puts it under the 2200 series parts heading.
Both models? I have looked for a long time to figure out which one this one is.

G

gner

I have a 2100 and axles a 3/4", my Neighbor has
a 2200 and his axles are 1".

Kevin Toadman

Kevin Toadman

I have a 2100 and axles a 3/4", my Neighbor has
a 2200 and his axles are 1".
Cool, I'll check that when I get home, thanks.

StarTech

StarTech

The ZC-AMBB-4DDB-3RPX has the pulley over the fan.
ZC 12th  R.png

Kevin Toadman

Kevin Toadman

Cool, I'll check that when I get home, thanks.
Well, mine has the 1" axles, and the pulley is on top.

Kevin Toadman

Kevin Toadman

The ZC-AMBB-4DDB-3RPX has the pulley over the fan.
View attachment 56219
Thanks, mine has the pulley over the fan. And has 1" axles. I don't know why the model number doesn't simply state whether it's a 2100 or a 2200.

I

ILENGINE

Because the 2100 or 2200 isn't a model number it is a series number. there are about 40 model numbers listed under the 2200 alone.

Kevin Toadman

Kevin Toadman

Because the 2100 or 2200 isn't a model number it is a series number. there are about 40 model numbers listed under the 2200 alone.
Thanks. I have the model number, it's ZC-AMBB-4DDB-3RPX. Can you tell what series a unit is by the model number?

StarTech

StarTech

ZC-AMBB-4DDB-3RPX
It is the ZT-2200 (EZT) series as it has Double D (DD) axles. The ZT-2100 series did not offer this axle style.

ZT21-22.JPG

Kevin Toadman

Kevin Toadman

ZC-AMBB-4DDB-3RPX
It is the ZT-2200 (EZT) series as it has Double D (DD) axles. The ZT-2100 series did not offer this axle style.

View attachment 56225
Thanks much. That is conclusive enough for me, they have 1" axles. So the double D (DD) would indicate 1" axle. What was most confusing for me is the fact that my pulleys are on top of the fans, on all the pics I see of the ZT-2200 EXT the fans are on top of the pulleys. I guess they can be either?

H

Hcube

check out this site
click on ZT-2100 and ZT2200 (EZT)

Kevin Toadman

Kevin Toadman

check out this site
click on ZT-2100 and ZT2200 (EZT)
Thanks. I did see that the other day. Mine is a 2200 EZT, but has the fan/pulley set up like it shows on the 2100 on their site. I changed the oil in both hydro's yesterday and EZT is cast into the side of the case. I attached a pic, hope it shows it.

Attachments

StarTech

StarTech

Kevin you going have to accept the transaxle is a ZT-2200 (EZT) and the fan pulley order is correct. Don't get stuck in a rut.
R fan.JPG

Kevin Toadman

Kevin Toadman

Kevin you going have to accept the transaxle is a ZT-2200 (EZT) and the fan pulley order is correct. Don't get stuck in a rut.
View attachment 56245
Oh I know, ha. That's just me.

S

SlopeMan2

Glad to know difference between 2100 and 2200. I have the ZT-2200 in my Husqvarna. It is non-serviceable, but I just cut a hole in the platform to where I could get to the plug on top. I sucked the old fluid out and put in new. It has 700 hours on it now, and doing fine.

Kevin Toadman

Kevin Toadman

I had to take out one hydro to replace a fan so I went ahead and pulled the other one and drained and refilled them both. The machine has 340 hours on it, the fluid was nasty but didn't smell bad. I sure wish there was a drain on the bottom.

G

gner

SlopeMan2 did you measure how much oil you​

sucked out. I put drain plugs in mine, but i would
rather suck it out.